product review
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KitchenAid 4KP26M1XPM Professional 600 Stand Mixer, Pearl Metallic

Go down

KitchenAid 4KP26M1XPM Professional 600 Stand Mixer, Pearl Metallic Empty KitchenAid 4KP26M1XPM Professional 600 Stand Mixer, Pearl Metallic

Post  Admin Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:56 am

Features:
575-watt motor, 6-Quart Polished Stainless Steel Wide-Mouth Bowl with Contoured Handle
Bowl-Lift Design
Soft Start Mixing Feature - 10-speed slide control ranges
67 Point Planetary Mixing Action.
Direct Drive Transmission, All-Steel Gears, and All-Metal Construction
I LOVE this new KitchenAid mixer!! I chose this model primarily for its large capacity bowl and also because the bowl lifts to the mixer and the mixer head doesn't have to be lifted up. Although it is a couple of inches taller than the KitchenAid Artisan mixer, I am able to leave it on my counter under my cupboards and just slide it forward a bit when I want to use it. Because the Artisan mixer head lifts up, it actually becomes a "bigger" machine when the head is tilted. I worried it might be a nuisance having to remove the paddle/hook before removing the bowl, but it becomes second nature once you start using the mixer. It's definitely not a concern. On the other hand, it has taken me a bit longer to get used to lining up the three points on the bowl so it will "snap/lock" in place.

Although there is just my husband and myself at home now, when we get together we are a family of 19 so many of our recipes are done in big batches. I did all my holiday baking (as well as mashing a huge quantity potatoes for Christmas dinner) with my new mixer and wished I had bought it years ago.

One of my big concerns when I made this purchase, was what color "pearl metallic" really was. I checked numerous blogs and websites (both Canadian and US, visited several local stores and couldn't find a clear description). I was completely happy when it arrived...pearl metallic is a soft medium grey color...very rich (similar to the dark peuter color)...with a nice (easy to clean) glossy sheen. The service from Amazon.ca was amazing as well. I placed my order late Thursday evening and the mixer arrived on Tuesday afternoon. It was shipped from Mississauga to Thunder Bay (1200 miles)....free shipping and delivered right to my front door.

I do think KitchenAid should rethink their decision to include the mixer blades and hooks that are NOT dishwasher proof with this model. I have purchased an extra paddle that IS dishwasher proof (another $35 on sale!!). I know it's just a matter of time before I accidentally load the whisk or blades in the dishwasher (they look like they should be dishwasher proof....but my daughter has this mixer as well.....and I know for certain they are NOT!!...expensive lesson!!).
KitchenAid 4KP26M1XPM Professional 600 Stand Mixer, Pearl Metallic

Admin
Admin

http://bestseller.fix.gs/index.php?action=profile;u=3

Back to top Go down